REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces:
What are the eligibility dates for membership in The American Legion?
Thanks to the LEGION Act (Let Everyone Get Involved In Opportunities for National Service Act), Congress expanded the current eligibility period to cover Dec. 7, 1941, to the present, and includes the current war campaigns. Previously, there were seven declared war periods. Now there are two, the current war period dating back to World War II and another war era covering World War I. No other restrictions to American Legion membership changed.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.